We're pretty sure the only thing that can make a Friday better than it already is, is food. Really delicious food. This Photo [Foodie] Friday, we're sharing a gourmet recipe from Black Book Collection member, Hotel Metropole Monte-Carlo. Enjoy! John Dory with Mediterranean Flavors
- 4 fillets (160g) of John Dory
- Leek (160g)
- Eggplant (160g)
- Black olive Purée (25g)
- Half-dried Tomato (16g)
- Butter (120g)
- Tomato Purée (80g)
- Tomatoes (80g)
- Chives (¼ of bunch)
- Rosemary (¼ of bunch)
- Lemon (60g)
- Young Spinach Leaves (16 leaves)
- Olive Oil (2 tablespoons)
- Espelette Pepper (4g) (southern French pepper)
- Salt and Pepper
- Fillet the John Dory.
- Cut the Eggplant and the Leek in cubes. Cook with Butter. Once preserved, strain and add Tomato Purée. Boil again.
- Dice the Tomato as well as lemon. Gently mix with Olive Oil.
- Wash young Spinach Leaves.
- Cut Chives in small sticks.
- Braise the John Dory fillets seasoned with Table Salt and Ground Pepper.
- Decorate the plate with preserved Tomato, Rosemary, Espelette Powder and Black Olive Purée.
- Put the vegetables in the middle of the plate and the fish on the top.
- Add 4 Spinach leaves on the edges of each John Dory fillet.
- Cover the fillets with the Tomato Lemon mixture and scatter with Chives.
What a great thing to do this weekend! Enjoy!
– Your JG Black Book of Travel Team